Things I learned from my 2nd studio recital...
1) Tell students to be there by a certain time. Make the time a little early, because at least one student will likely be late.
2) Clarify which students will perform, preferably in writing to avoid confusion.
3) Invite your friends! Friendly support is a great thing!
4) Make an announcement at the end of the recital requesting students to join you for a group picture.
5) Invite people ahead of time and send out periodic reminders.
Most importantly, have fun and encourage your students to do the same!